Now that you have been elected to OA membership, you have the opportunity to give more to your local Council and to your home unit.
Croatan Lodge wants YOU to take this opportunity and do everything you can to benefit from this accomplishment. The Order of the Arrow provides you with a wealth of new leadership opportunities, but your biggest task is to rededicate yourself to serving your home troop or team.
But, you may wonder what the OA can offer you. Take a look at some of the exciting opportunities that are available to you as a Croatan Lodge member:
- Great, Exciting Events – Annual Lodge Banquet, Section E8 Conclave, Fall Fellowship, and the National Order of the Arrow Conference (NOAC)
- Service – Ordeal Induction Weekends, OA Service Weekend, Support for our great programs at Camp Boddie Scout Reservation and Pamlico Sea Base, and local district support at camporees.
- Camping Promotion – Croatan Lodge promotes camping to over 75% of all units in our Council annually.
- Native American Affairs – You can learn how to dance, join a Native American Singing Team, or learn to build crafts like chokers, breastplates, and headdresses.
What is Brotherhood Membership?
There may be many things you do not understand about the Order of the Arrow, but most new members have many questions once he or she is elected to membership.
Over the course of the next year, you will learn a lot about what the Order is, what it does, and how its service benefits the Boy Scouts of America. This knowledge will make you an asset not only to the OA, but also to your home unit.
After you have been a member for six (6) months, you will be eligible to become a Brotherhood Honor member, noted by the distinctive bars on your sash. Remember, there are no ranks in the OA, but a Brotherhood member has demonstrated a complete understanding of the Order and his or her ability to give additional service by being a member.
Six Steps to Becoming An Active OA Member
- Read your OA handbook. The handbook has a wealth of information about the Order, including how you can serve and have fun.
- Attend your local chapter meetings.
- Sign up for the Croatan Mailing List. Signing up for the mailing list will help us keep you informed about events and happenings of Croatan Lodge and the OA.
- Volunteering to be your Troop or Team’s OA Representative, a position of responsibility for rank advancement, if your unit does not already have one.
- Attend Lodge Events. The Lodge gathers for a number of fun events, but not too many that would take away from your duties to your Troop, Crew, or Ship. You can find more information concerning lodge events by visiting the Calendar page.
- Rededicate yourself to serving your home unit.
Head on over to Jumpstart to learn more about the OA.